• Fill forms for change of name (Restriction Act (CAP 24:02)) Regulation 3 and 4 either at District   Commissioners office or lawyer. If done at the government office a GR should be attached to the application forms and should be sent to this office.


  • An advertisement should be placed in a daily paper (that is widely read) of the intention of change of name. anybody wishing to object the change of name should send his/her objection to this after 21 working days.

  •  After the 21 days, the application forms together with the newspaper cut out showing the dates that it appeared in the newspaper.

NOTE: Placing an advertisement in the newspaper does not qualify a name as having changed

Contact Us

Office of the President and Cabinet,

Private Bag 301, Lilongwe 3.

Telephone: +2651789311 / +2651789 411

Web : www.opc.gov.mw